Frequently asked questions
- What is pa-assistcashback? pa-assistcashback is a cashback service provided by pa-assist.com to its members. Through the pa-assistcashback site, members can save on regular purchases at any of our 2,500 partner retailers. To earn cashback, please ensure you click-through to the retailer's website via blue/orange buttons on pa-assistcashback site.
- Which retailers can I save on? pa-assistcashback works with almost 2,500 of UK's largest retailers, everyone from Tesco, Boots, Argos to Expedia. Just type the name of the retailer you want to shop on in the search bar, or browse through different categories to see the great variety of our retail partners.
- How do I check if my favourite retailers are on pa-assistcashback? If you are looking for a specific retailer, just type their name in the search bar to see if we work with them. Alternatively, you can also browse through different categories in the menu, and click on whichever category you are interested in.
- Do I need to pay to use the pa-assistcashback site? Not at all. This is a free cashback service offered by pa-assist.com. You do not have to pay anything for using the cashback site.
- How do I contact your Customer Support team? You can contact us by sending a quick message via this contact form. Our Customer Support team is available Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. GMT. We guarantee a 48 hour response time, though hopefully will get back on your request sooner than that.
- What other countries do you operate in? We also operate a Cashback & Coupon site in India called Cashkaro.com. We are widely regarded as the fastest growing cashback site in India with over 350,000 registered members are growing at 50% month-over-month.
How can I earn cashback via pa-assistcashback website?
Simple, just follow the easy steps below to earn cashback:
1. Login to pa-assistcashback website
2. Search for the retailer you want to shop on
3. Click-through to their website via the link given on our site
4. Shop and pay on the retailer's site like you normally do
5. Retailer now pays us a commission for this sale. We pass that to you as 'cashback'. Initially your cashback remains in 'Pending' status. Once the return period of your product is over, retailer pays us in the next monthly payment cycle. Your cashback then becomes 'Confirmed'
6. When you collect a minimum of GBP 30 in 'Confirmed' cashback we can pay the money free to your UK bank account / UK Paypal account. The minimum GBP 30 policy is only for first payment. Subsequent payments can be for as little as GBP 1.
- Can I use vouchers along with cashback? Yes, for many of our retailers we have cashback offers and vouchers both. Most retailers pay the same cashback rate if you use a voucher code along with it. However, some retailers might pay a lower rate, and very few might not pay cashback at all if used along with a voucher code. These terms are clearly stated on the individual retailer pages on the pa-assistcashback site so please ensure you check before transacting.
What does Pending Earnings mean?
Pending Earnings are those that we have tracked as valid transactions and have been acknowledged by retailers. However, since they are still within the Return or Cancellation period they cannot be paid out to you yet.
Lets take an example. You book an amazing holiday resort on Hotels.com for GBP500 for a trip 1 month in advance. Within 1-3 days you shall receive an email from us acknowledging that you have Pending Earnings of GBP30 (at 6% cashback rate).
Now once you complete your stay, Hotels.com shall confirm this to us and pay us in the next monthly payment cycle. We shall then move the GBP30 to your Confirmed Earnings and you can now request a cashback payment.
However, if your plans changed and you had to cancel the hotel reservation, the transaction is cancelled and the cashback is removed from your Pending Earnings.
- What does Confirmed Earnings mean? Confirmed Earnings are those that have been approved as valid sales from retailers. When you have a minimum of GBP 30 in confirmed earnings, you can request payment of the same to your UK bank account or UK Paypal account. The minimum GBP 30 policy is only for first payment. Subsequent payments can be for as little as GBP 1.
- Where do I see my cashback earnings? Once logged in, you can always see your headline cashback earnings in the top right navigation bar. You can click on My earnings to see details of all cashback earned. This is also visible on the homepage after you sign-in to your account.
- From the time I do a transaction, how long does it take to actually get my cashback? This varies between retailers and the type of purchase. Normally after you do the transaction you would get an email from us within 4-72 hours stating the cashback due to you. This is called 'Pending' cashback. Once the return period of your products is over/travel is completed, the retailer knows that the Sale was genuine, and then pays us in the next monthly payment cycle. The status of this transaction shall then automatically move to Confimed. From the time of your purchase it could take between 1-4 months for your cashback to get Confirmed.
- Can I visit the retailer directly, and just send you a receipt to get my cashback? Unfortunately not! In order to earn cashback, you MUST visit the retailer via the the pa-assistcashback site. This way the retailer can track that we got them this sale, and we would receive a commission from them. We pay you cashback from this. If you went to the retailer directly, then we will not be able to claim any commission and pay any cashback to you.
- How can I earn cashback via pa-assistcashback website? Simple, just follow the easy steps below to earn cashback:
General questions about cashback?
- Where does cashback come from? When you shop at retailers via us, retailers pay us a referral fee. Rather than keep this referral fee we pass this back to you as cashback. This referral fee comes from the retailers advertising and customer acquisition budgets.
The retailer link is not working. What can I do?
Firstly, please try opening the retailer link in another browser, or if possible another computer too. To ensure that the problem you have is not being caused by your own settings, please follow these simple steps:
For Google Chrome Users
Enable Cookies: Tools - Options - Under the Hood - Cookie Settings. Please change to Allow all Cookies. Clear Cookies: Go to Tools - Clear Browsing Data. Please change the time range to clear to Everything.
For Firefox Users
For Internet Explorer Users
Lower Security Level: Go to Tools - Internet Options - Security. Please lower Security level to Medium. Lower Privacy Settings: Go to Tools - Internet Options - Privacy. Please lower the Security Level to Low. Disable Pop-up Blocker: Tools - Internet Options - Privacy. Please ensure the Pop-up Blocker at the bottom of the options page is not ticked. Clear Cookies: Go to Tools - Delete Browsing History. Please delete all.
If none of this works, please contact our Customer Support Team and we can look into this for you. Please provide a clear and concise description of your experience, and include the browser name and version number. If you are getting tracking issue messages, please provide any relevant details on your security settings and/or software.
What are some best practices when making a purchase through pa-assistcashback?
To enable your cashback to track successfully, we recommend that in your browser settings you permanently allow cookies. Clear cookies to get started-
1. Log into pa-assistcashback and click on the retailer link on the pa-assistcashback site.
2. Always use the links provided by pa-assistcashback to enter a retailer's site; do not type in retailer names at the top of your browser screen.
3. Comparison sites - We recommend you do not use a quote reference or code provided by a comparison site. In that case, the commission from the sale would be paid to the comparison site. If we do not receive any commission from retailers we are unable to give cashback to you
4. Do not search a comparison site whilst completing a pa-assistcashback purchase - again there is a danger that the commission/cashback might accrue to the comparison site instead
5. Completing the purchase online: pa-assistcashback only works online. So if you buy something over the telephone or in-store, unfortunately the pa-assistcashback terms wont apply
6. Voucher and gift codes - To get cashback via pa-assistcashback please only use voucher codes supplied by pa-assistcashback. Using vouchers not supplied by pa-assistcashback may result in another party being credited with your cashback<
7. Keep all email confirmations and documents from the retailer - just in case you need to use the information for submitting an earnings enquiry.
- Why are some stores available in multiple categories? Our team visits every store before assigning them to different categories. There are many stores (almost 60%) who do business is multiple areas e.g. Tesco. You can get everything from groceries, CDs, clothing to home related items at Tesco. Therefore, Tesco would show in multiple categories.
- What if I cannot find a retailer I am looking for, or if I would like to suggest a new one? Please feel free to Contact us and let us know which retailer you are looking for. We shall try our best to get them on our programme!
I did a purchase but have not received any cashback email for it. What can I do?
If your purchase was done less than 3 days ago, please wait a little longer. It typically takes between 4 - 72 hours for retailers to track sales, so you could still receive your cashback email automatically.
However, If your purchase was done over 3 days ago, please submit a missing cashback ticket. Sometimes, though rare, retailers fail to track a transaction on their end. After we receive transaction details from you, we can follow this up with the retailer, and endeavour to get your missing cashback.
When you log in to pa-assistcashback website, in the top right navigation bar you see 'My Account', click on it.
Then click on Missing Cashback?. Here you can see the status of all your existing cashback enquiries.
Click on the blue button to Add a new cashback enquiry. Please follow the simple steps to submit your ticket.
To ensure we get your money back to you, please help us with all the information as requested in the Steps. You can follow the progress of your enquiry from this Cashback tickets page itself and even send us a message about the enquiry by clicking on the 'View details' link next to each enquiry.
- Why has my cashback tracked at Â£0 or Â£0.01, instead of the correct amount? Sometimes certain retailers like travel companies, only start confirming a sale once the stay has been completed. Therefore, when you initially make the booking, the transaction might track at Â£0 or Â£0.01. However once your stay is completed, the retailer will validate this sale, and the cashback number will automatically get updated. Insurance companies could take 3-4 months to validate a sale. As the cashback in these cases is quite substantial, this is to prevent abuse and fraud. If you have any questions about your cashback, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Why do I need to wait 3 days after my transaction before I can submit a cashback query? It can sometimes take upto 3 days for a merchant to track a transaction. Hence merchants suggest that they do not receive any missing ticket before the end of this period.
- When adding a new cashback enquiry, why do I not see a certain retailer amongst my exit clicks list? Our sophisticated system tracks every time you click out from our website to any of our partner retailers. If you do not see a retailer in the exit click dropdown then you have not visited the retailer via our website. Perhaps you forgot to sign in when you visited a retailer, in which case again the visit will not show in your exit click list.
- What information do I need to submit for a cashback ticket? In order to submit a ticket you need: retailer name, date and time of the transaction, transaction amount, order or transaction reference, and any other details that would help the retailer track your transaction.
What do the various status for my cashback enquiries mean?
1. Received: We have received your query
2. Sent to retailer: After checking all details on our end, your query has been passed on to the retailer. We are currently awaiting a response from them
3. Resolved: Your query has been resolved and you would have received an email from us about the same. Unless denied, you can see your updated cashback under ‘My Earnings/Request Payment’ page
Unfortunately the retailer's decision is final and we will not be able to reverse it. Remember our incentives are always aligned with yours, so we would have done our best to get your cashback approved.
- How do I enquire about the status of my cashback query? When you log in to pa-assistcashback website, in the top right navigation bar you see 'My Account', click on it. Then click on Missing Cashback?. Here you can see the status of all your existing cashback enquiries. For each ticket, you can click on View to see any comments from the support team. You can also use this to reach out to us.
- How long does it take to resolve cashback enquiries? Cashback enquiries can take between 1 week to 3 months to resolve. Rest assured we will try our level best to resolve your missing cashback query as soon as possible. Remember our incentives are aligned with yours, and we only earn when you get paid a cashback.
What are the reasons for a cashback to not track or track incorrectly?
When you visit a retailer via our website, our systems can track that visit and record an 'exit click'. Thereafter, if you don't get an email from us about your cashback it is likely that somehow the retailer has missed the transaction. In these cases we will chase the retailer and do our best to get you your missing cashback.
Please note that sometimes cashback is not paid on VAT and delivery amounts. So, if you think your cashback tracked at a wrong number then this could be one of the reasons.
In some cases the retailer may decline your cashback, such as:
1. The purchase was returned, cancelled or the order amended
2. The purchase was not completed wholly online
3. Another referrer has been awarded the cashback commission (e.g. a price comparison site)
4. You did not comply with the terms and conditions listed on our website and/or the retailer's
5. A voucher code or gift code not authorized by our website was used
6. The retailer has ceased trading or has gone into administration
7. Cookies were disabled and hence the tracking could not be completed
Therefore, we recommend sticking to the terms and conditions provided on our retailer page and ensuring you follow the recommended process will minimize the risk of anything going wrong.
- What happens if my cashback query is denied? The retailer holds sole discretion in determining the validity of the cashback query. While our Collections team shall try our best to resolve your cashback query favourably, in some cases your cashback may be declined. Please help us get your transaction approved from the retailer by providing all relevant proofs of purchase. Unfortunately, once a retailer has made a decision it is final.
- I did a purchase but have not received any cashback email for it. What can I do? If your purchase was done less than 3 days ago, please wait a little longer. It typically takes between 4 - 72 hours for retailers to track sales, so you could still receive your cashback email automatically.
Payment of cashback?
What is your payment policy? Are there any restrictions or charges?
Cashback can be paid to you as per the below terms:
1. Only Confirmed cashback can be paid. Pending cashback cannot be paid till its status becomes 'Confirmed' by retailers
2. Every time you have GBP 30 or more in Confirmed cashback you can request payment of the same. Your subsequent payments can be for as little as GBP 1
3. In the UK, we can pay for free via bank transfer or Paypal
4. Depending on your bank, this payment should reach your account in 1-4 working days
5. International payments can only be made via Paypal. Please note that while we do not charge anything, Paypal charges a fee for international transfers. This could be a maximum of 3.4% + GBP 0.20 (Usually it is GBP 0.50 per GBP 100 paid). You can see full details on the Paypal website here
How do I request payment of my cashback?
When you have GBP 30 in 'Confirmed' cashback you can request payment of the same. The minimum GBP 30 policy is only for first payment. Subsequent payments can be for as little as GBP 1.
To request payment-
1. Login to your pa-assistcashback account.
2. Under My Account on top right navigation bar, click on My Earnings / Payment.
3. Here you can enter the UK bank account or Paypal details that you want us to pay the cashback to.
4. Depending on your bank, this payment should reach your account in 1-4 working days
5. Please note that only cashback with Confirmed status can be paid. Until we receive payment from retailers, cashback remain in Pending status, and cannot be paid to you.
- I live outside the UK. How do I get my cashback paid? International payments can only be made via Paypal. Please note that while we do not charge anything, Paypal charges a fee for international transfers. This could be a maximum of 3.4% + GBP 0.20 (Usually it is GBP 0.50 per GBP 100 paid). You can see full details on the Paypal website here: https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees
- How do I change my payment settings? When you login to your pa-assistcashback account, you can see My Account option on top right naigation bar. Click on Settings. In that please select Payement Settings. Here you can enter & amend the UK bank account / Paypal details that you want us to pay the cashback to. Note that you will need to enter your pa-assistcashback password to confirm these changes.
- Does cash sitting in my account expire? Absolutely not! This is your money and we of course want to pay it to you. So even if you have gaps in your usage the cashback account does not expire. Once you have a minimum of GBP 30 in Confirmed cashback you can let us know which Bank / Paypal account we should pay the cashback to and we will transfer the same. Your subsequent payments can be for as little as GBP 1.
- What is your payment policy? Are there any restrictions or charges? Cashback can be paid to you as per the below terms:
- How do I change my password? To change your password, login to your pa-assistcashback account. On the top right naigation bar you can see a link for My Account. Click on Settings, then select change password. You can change your password on that page and press 'Save Changes'.
- I've forgotten my password, what should I do? Click on the sign-in button. On the log-in page you will see a button labelled 'Forgotten your password?' Just click on this and follow the instructions and we will send you an email telling you how to reset your password. An email should be with you within a maximum of an hour. Occasionally, the email may arrive in your 'junk/spam' folder. Please ensure that you click on the link in the most recent email in order to reset your password.
- Why do I receive emails showing my tracked transactions? We like to keep our members updated at all times and this email is a confirmation that the retailer has tracked your purchase. If required, under My Account select Personal Details and you can change your email settings.
Questions About Fundraising / Refer and Earn?
- Can members donate their cashback? Yes, members can also donate some or all of their cashback when they request a payment. Currently, members can only donate to the charities that are registered on our website. We are currently working with more organizations to grow our charity partnerships. Please feel free to recommend a new charity to us
- How do I donate some or all of my cashback? Once logged in, click on My Earnings on the top right navigation bar. Then click on Request Payment . Select the charity you wish to donate to. We are constantly adding new charities to our database.